Our brand new solution page is LIVE! 🙌

Hey everyone :wave:

Absolutely thrilled to announce that our brand new solution page is live! Check it out:

Really proud of the work from our design team on this one. We’d love to hear your thoughts!

Guess this might be slightly controversial and is purely my own opinion but I’m not that keen on it. I like the ideas and generally the text but don’t think it matches how I imagine Sphere.

Here’s a few of my thoughts:

• Banter - currently there’s a lot of work going on in schools between what’s banter and what’s bullying. Lots of kids who are bullying claim it’s just banter. I wouldn’t have used that word.
  • the icons / shapes I think appear childish and just look unprofessional in my opinion.
  • the social media dividing text at the top just looks like a design error rather than making the point it’s meant to.

Maybe it’s my age - I’m not a young ‘un any more! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Andrew, really appreciate you sharing that honest feedback.

You’ve been one of the most engaged people in our community and I think you share a lot of our values (which I’m planning to write and talk more about in Jan), so your feedback is really important to us.

I think I know what you mean about banter. I’ll raise that one and the other points with Katherine and our design team in the New Year (most people are off next week and then we’re shut for a week; cc @Lily as well for next week).

I defo want us to keep working on how we communicate who we are and what we believe in, so I see this site, our community, and even our mission always evolving as we go on. Feedback like yours always helps with that, so keep it coming pls! :pray:t5:

PS: Doesn’t matter how old any of us get - we want our tech to be as inclusive and accessible (like @ColinRobinson’s great point about screen readers) as possible for all :blush:

2 Likes

This is great feedback Andrew, thank you so much. A great example of words having more nuance than we might expect. Banter does rub me the wrong way a little bit, but I wasn’t able to articulate why. But reading your post explains it. It’s the adoption of the word as a justification of poor behaviour.

We should be able to get this changed in the new year :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found this good explanation of banter vs bullying too, which I really liked:

BANTER: Your friend makes a joke about your new haircut to you, and you shoot back that even with a bad haircut you get more sexual attention than them.

BULLYING: Your friend makes jokes about your new haircut that they know you feel insecure and embarrassed about, in front of the class. There’s a power imbalance too, because there’s an audience. You get visibly upset, but the ‘banter’ continues in public all week.

1 Like