Dark and light theme

Automatically swap between a dark and light theme in line with system preferences.

Yessss!! I’ve been switching everything to Dark theme myself. Love it. Easier on the eyes.

Hopefully Google Docs gets it at some point too.

2 Likes

I believe this is what I have on top of my list! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It gets a vote from me!

2 Likes

Love the idea. It’s a yes from me!

3 Likes

Navigation not very visible?

1 Like

Ooh, good spot Colin. Is that landscape mode on an iPad? Those navigation buttons don’t usually show for me. Will investigate the CSS tomorrow.

1 Like

Portrait:

1 Like

So odd - I don’t seem to be getting those nav options myself. I’m sure I’ll be able to figure it out though!

1 Like

Happy to see you here, Colin and great spot! Love for you to introduce yourself (mainly for the benefit of newer community members we’re slowly bringing in) if you are so inclined and get a chance :blush:

1 Like

Done :wink: but I need 20 chars.

1 Like

@simon I am running a new version of iPadOS - wonder if that’s the issue?

Edit: you don’t need my serial number :wink:

1 Like

I’ve managed to recreate it - it seems those nav options only appear when using the Discourse Hub app, and they seem to simply match the background from the header colour of the given forum.

Because of that, I’m not sure if those icon colours are configurable, since they seem to be part of the hub app rather than our forum itself :frowning:

Will continue to dig to try and find a solution!

2 Likes

Fixed now @ColinRobinson - thanks to the kind folks at Discourse. Thanks for flagging!

2 Likes

Better now :wink: - they’re the same colour as the search and hamburger buttons.

1 Like

Don’t suppose you could give Rob the fix in the Dozens community? :wink::+1::nerd_face:

Rob actually replied in the help topic I made over on the Discourse forum - the developer of the hub app actually fixed it for us, so he may be able to do the same for them. He did mention he was able to do this as we are paying Discourse to host for us. So it may not be as easy if they are self-hosted (I have no idea whether they are a paid Discourse customer or opted to self-host!)

2 Likes