Covid-19 (Coronavirus) 😷

General update thread for everything that’s happening with the pandemic, so we feel less alone.

Unfortunately I’ve had the alert from Track and Trace that I’ve been exposed to someone with the virus. This means I’ve got to self-isolate for 14 days, and I’m feeling pretty concerned about it :frowning:

Please remember to keep replies 2 metres apart :yum:

3 Likes

Oh no! That’s not good Simon. Well us as a community are here for you. So if you need someone to talk too just reach out. :+1:

2 Likes

Bad luck @simon - hope you’re feeling okay.

I’ve heard from a lot of people I know who have been told they’ve been close to someone and alerted on the app but never developed any symptoms - the worst thing is waiting with an expectation that you’re going to ‘get it now’. You can always have a test but you’d still need to isolate for 14 days unfortunately!

1 Like

Sorry to hear it, Simon :pensive: As others have said, if you need anything, just let us know :hugs:

On another note, there seems to be some positive news coming through with vaccine stuff, but also potentially lockdown restrictions being eased as planned from 2nd Dec.

I remember, since this first happened earlier in the year, you always predicted there would be a second wave, so I trust your opinion here! Do you think there might be a third wave that could trigger another full lockdown again? Curious what your general opinion is here.

1 Like

I’ve heard that they expect three waves although the vaccine may stop the third wave. Lockdown only delays the spread - it doesn’t stop it.

2 Likes

That all depends how long the lockdown is for and more importantly if people follow it to the letter.

We had a five month lockdown and people pretty much followed all the rules. The outcome was that we all had a reasonable summer but wave 2 is here now. Wave 3 will be after Christmas.

1 Like

I disagree with the above due to my own subjective experiences. It only takes a few people not following the rules and we might as well not of had a lockdown in the first place.

Yeah we probably will have a 3rd wave due to the above.

2 Likes

They’re saying that we will return to a tiered approach after this lockdown. I don’t think that ends well. There are too many moving parts with different localities moving in and out of different tier levels. People don’t keep up with it and as a result just do whatever they want.

With that in mind, I do think a third wave is inevitable.

However the new tiered system does seem to be a lot more concise and I think you know where you stand a lot more. However on the one hand it’s clearer on the other the aspects across all tiers such as grassroots sports, gyms, personal care which remain open at all costs could just seem like a return to normality for some people and they will push the boundaries leading us in lockdown 3

3 Likes
3 Likes

Keep 1.5 metre apart say from Australia

3 Likes

Good read in the New York Times on the “tax” of adjusting to new habits during lockdown.

1 Like